What To Do in Case of an Emergency?
- Remain calm
- Dial 911 and state the
nature of your emergency
- Give the location, name of the
residence and directions to the dispatcher. To help the ambulance
crew quickly locate the scene, also include descriptions such as the color of
the house, identifying landmarks, road intersections, and distances to the
- Give your name and the phone number
from where you are calling. Do not hang up until the dispatcher has
obtained all the necessary information.
- If possible, have someone wait outside
to direct the ambulance volunteers to the patient. Volunteers may
have blue/green flashing lights on their cars.
- If you cannot have someone remain outside, leave your car near the road with its emergency lights
flashing. At night please turn on all outside lights around the
- If you have any doubts that
the situation is an emergency, CALL! The
ambulance will be dispatched and our Emergency Medical
Technicians will properly evaluate the situation when they arrive at